Sevenstar's Credit Rescue solution gives students the opportunity to repeat a course to improve their grade. Any student who has taken a traditional or online course and was not academically successful may enroll in a Credit Rescue course to earn a credit. Courses are offered throughout the year with a Sevenstar teacher acting as a facilitator, and students have up to ten weeks to complete it. These courses are elegantly designed and Biblically integrated to challenge students academically as well as spiritually.
- Pre-test to bypass previously mastered learning objectives
- Administrative dashboard to monitor student progress
- Compliant with national education standards
- Professional online teacher included
- Modern and mobile-friendly design
- Students who fail a course can work to master the material during the summer or the following semester to avoid getting held back a grade.
- Students who want to raise their GPA by earning a higher grade in a course they already completed.
- Students who have alternative learning needs or become distracted in traditional classroom settings can be more successful retaking a class online.
- Students not going on to play NCAA sports. The NCAA has specific guidelines for length and time spent in online courses and Credit Rescue courses are not approved for prospective NCAA athletes. For more information, read our FAQ document. See a list of all NCAA approved courses at our catalog.
Students begin the Credit Rescue program by creating a Pace Chart inside the course. At this point students can adjust the completion date, see how long assignments will take, and get an estimate for how much study time will be needed each week to stay on pace. Pace charts help course facilitators keep students accountable and on track for success. While planning a course timetable takes effort, it gets results—83% of enrolled students successfully completed credit recovery courses in 2011.
Once the Pace Chart is submitted, a pre-test is released so students can demonstrate which learning objectives have already been mastered in the course. The pre-test results determine which modules the student will need to take in the course to recover the credit or improve a grade. After completing the pretest, students can instantly see their score and begin working on the list of lessons they have yet to master in that course.
All Credit Rescue courses are facilitated by one of Sevenstar’s professional online teachers at no additional cost. Our teachers can see at a glance which material the student has mastered or still needs to be learned. They can identify areas in which a student is performing well and what needs more attention. For example, if a student struggles with several assignments in a row our teachers can use instructional data to diagnose the problem and send the student back to the precise page of the lesson needed to move forward. Data-driven learning humanizes the online learning environment by giving teachers personalized information that tailors interaction uniquely for each student!
Our online teachers use a powerful dashboard to monitor which assignments are complete, incomplete, and late for each student. This data helps our teachers intervene quickly when students fall behind their Pace Chart and develop a personalized plan to help them achieve academic success. Even when students are performing poorly in a course, our online facilitators will motivate them to master the material and score well enough on the remaining assignments to recover the credit.